Spain boasts a rich and varied selection of shoot locations which are safe and easy to access, along with some very attractive tax incentives which make this country an exceptional destination when it comes to film, television and publicity shoots.
Spain Film Commission is a not-for profit association launched in 2001 which is leading the way when it comes to branding the country as a destination for film-making and audio-visual shoots, coordinating the efforts of Spain's extensive network of film commissions and film offices located across the country.
The entity is one of the founders of the European Film Commission Network [EFCN], a member of the Association of Film Commissioners International [AFCI] and also actively collaborates with the Spanish government, national institutions and film production companies to further consolidate audiovisual activity.
- To coordinate the network of film commissions and film offices
- To promote Spain internationally as an audio-visual shoot destination
- To mediate with the central, territorial and municipal administration in order to promote the film industry
- To work with the public administration on the creation of an efficient tax incentive system
- To create new international markets
- To boost film-related tourism
Board of directors
The current members of the Spain Film Commission's governing body have been carrying out their roles since 2016 and do so for a period of four years. The board is made up of the following members:
- Carlos Rosado Cobián - President - Andalusia Film Commission
- Koldo Lasa Aristu - Vice-president - Navarre Film Commission
- Ricardo Martínez Cedres - Vice-president - Tenerife Film Commission
- Juan Manuel Guimerans Rubio - Vice-president - Valladolid Film Office
- Pere Lluis Clavería Vilar - Treasurer - Terrassa Film Office
- Teresa María Azcona Alejandre - Spokesperson - Aragón Film Commission
- Ernesto del Río Villagrá - Spokesperson - Bilbao-Bizkaia Film Commission
- Víctor Lamadrid Hernández - Spokesperson - Cantabria Film Commission
- Dimas Marcos González Bennett - Spokesperson - Santiago de Compostela Film Commission
- Emilio Alhambra Sempere - Secretary